Local Ministry Partners
Working with local ministries where our members are involved in leadership, we seek to clarify for our community what God’s love is like through our words and actions.
ARAB REFUGEE MINISTRY
We partner with a local ministry that seeks to bring hope to the hopeless and light into the darkness by serving the Arab refugee community and meeting needs practically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Friendship or language partner
- Employment assistance
- College application assistance
- Driving instructors
For more information and to sign up, please contact Justin Myers and he will connect you to the right point person.
CORNER TO CORNER
Corner to Corner exists to extend hope to every corner of the community. We do this by attacking the despair caused by the high incarceration rates in many Nashville neighborhoods. On the ground this looks like reading tutoring to make sure our youth never go to prison, job readiness training to give former offenders new opportunities, and community group Bible studies that offer relationships formed around the person and work of Jesus Christ.
- Tutoring: Every Tuesday from 4:30-5:30pm
- Bible study/discipleship: We need men with a passion for the Bible who are willing to invest about 1-2 hours weekly for 6 months.
- Small Business Class: Entrepreneurs interested in coaching or being guest speakers, email or call Will (615-498-4987).
PRESTON TAYLOR MINISTRIES
Preston Taylor Ministries (PTM) empowers children and youth to discover and live their God-inspired dreams, develop a love for learning, and build joy-filled friendships that glorify Christ Jesus. Caring adult relationships, tutoring academic programs, and spiritual programs all help kids and youth become the overcomers we know them to be.
- Tutoring: Monday-Thursday, 6 Elementary and 2 Middle School sites run from 3-5pm or 4-6pm.
- Elementary Mentor: Lunchmate mentors meet weekly with PTM elementary students at their school during lunch and read, play games, and develop relationships.
- Middle School Mentor: Breakfast and Bible Study mentors meet weekly with PTM middle school students at 6:45am on Thursday mornings during the school year.
- High School Mentor: Dinner and Devo mentors meet weekly with PTM high school students on Monday evenings during the school year. Mentors participate in fellowship, dinner, and Bible study with his or her mentee.
- Fun Fridays: Volunteers lead enrichment groups of 5-10 elementary students for 30 minutes. Fun Friday is from 4-6pm during the school year.
PROJECT CONNECT NASHVILLE
PCN helps disconnected people in poverty or homelessness find hope by building meaningful relationships and engaging in the healing process.
- Allies (mentors) to encourage individuals in poverty through our education classes
- Small group engagement through meal preparation and/or childcare for our classes
- Sit and Spin (laundry day) outreach: bring coffee and donuts/engage in meaningful conversation while you fold clothes together
- Community service projects: work alongside the families we serve through community gardening, painting and clean-up
- Attend Poverty 101 to learn how to help without hurting (contact us for more details)
- Participate in special events (The Lighting of the Green, Graduation, Franksgiving, Talk Like a Pirate Day and more)
Our mission is to share the love of Christ by serving those in need through health care. For 25 years, Siloam Health has offered affordable, whole-person care to uninsured patients of Middle Tennessee that have nowhere else to turn for their health care needs. We rely on the generosity of this community and the service of 40 staff and over 400 volunteers on an annual basis to meet the needs of our 5,000 patients.
- Clinical: physicians/specialists, physical therapists, registered nurses
- Support: administrative, Arabic and Spanish interpreters, pastors, prayer intercessors, refugee health literacy teachers
- Collection Drives: winter scarves/hats/gloves, refugee hygiene supplies, children’s books/toys/stuffed animals, over-the-counter medicines (specific lists for all of these items available upon request)
A ministry of YoungLife, YoungLives seeks to enter the world of teen moms to model the unconditional love of Christ and encourage them to become the women and mothers God created them to be.
- One-on-one mentorship
- Meals for parenting classes in high schools (breakfast/lunch) or monthly club events (dinner)
- Childcare for Thursday night Bible studies (aka Campaigners)